Patagonia Caramel 190L provides intense red/ruby color without overwhelming sweetness.
Slightly darker than the 170L, Patagonia’s 190L delivers one of the most intense, deepest reds of any specialty malt. While the color alone is a reason to give this malt a try, the 190L is also pleasantly restrained in the cloying sweetness it delivers. Tons of color, subtle sweetness; perfect for Dopplebocks, Red ales, Dubbels, and Barley Wines.
*Limited availability at certain warehouse locations
- Sweet, fresh and clear caramel taste on lower colors
- As roasting increases, flavor becomes more complex, adding notes of toffee and raisins
- On high colors there are flavors of dry prunes, sweet bitterness and roasted bread
- Red beers
- Amber beers
- Clear beers
- Brown beers (Scottish or Brown Ale)
- Dark beers (Porter or Stout)
- Alcohol-free beers